Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode Inventory Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey2

MIS
Jan 28, 2004
AU
Hello,

I'm looking at inventory systems in general.

I like the idea of something free and have been formulating opinions on the software suggested in a previous post:
However I am also intereseted in the idea of barcoding hardware, so that I could manually scan and audit.
- Some hardware would never actually make it onto network so would have to be tracked manually.

If anyone has any experience/suggestions/reccomendations would be great!

Regards - blakey2.

We offer a subscription based software title called topShelf 2.0 that is designed to track inventory (both items and assets). It is a web application with a MS-SQL database. In addition, it leverages the flexibility of wireless mobile handheld device scanners running a PocketPC application to collect data such as moves. It is all build on the .NET Framework, and we host the web application and database locally in our datacenter.

You can check it out here: (be sure to watch the demos too)

It also has a built in event driven email alert system for things such as receiving a short shipment. Additionally you can perform both Blind and Technical Cycle counting, and there is even the option to use our hybrid Wave Picking (a carefully designed cross between Wave and Batch) functionality that allows you to get order pickers (each picking multiple orders) through a small to medium size dense warehouse quickly and efficiently.

We also offer integration with some accounting packages so that all of your item definitions in your item master, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Vendors and Customers are kept synchronized and up to date.

If you decide you are interested, please contact us and we can setup a Free 30 Day Trial. It would also be great if you mentioned that you found this here on Tek-tips.com. (As a programmer, I always like to tease the sales guys! *wink*)

Senior Software Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back