Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode 128 Start & Stop Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIMS

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
Can anyone help with the start and stop codes used for 128? I see the * is used for 39, but haven't been able to find anything for 128. My formula for @Barcode is if {stpr_slide_labels.encoded_material_id} <> "" then {stpr_slide_labels.encoded_material_id}
I didn't write the formula, it was provided by our LIS vendor and their support is less than optimal. How would I supply the codes to this formula. We may end up buying a software package, but for testing I would like to try it first with the start and stop codes. Thanks for any assistance.

You can run through all possibilities for a font, by writing a formula field that says chr(recordnumber) in the detail line and see what (if anything) gets displayed or printed. I did this for 'Wingdings', we don't use barcodes, but it should be adaptable.

Choose a table with at least 256 entries, and use file>Print>preview sample to stop huge numbers of extra lines being printed.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

I guess I don't understand how this might help? I can print barcodes without any problem, but they aren't read by the scanner. From other posts it seems to be the start and stop codes that are necessary.

Thanks for the information. Looks like it will be money well spent to just buy some barcode software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back