Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar Coding for GP9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
saw some older posts for Bar code solutions - curious what others are using and how well it integrates with GP.

One vendor came in here with an MS Access app --- I don't think so...

define use of barcodes in GP?

And Access is not a dirty word. Quick from end when you can't afford a VB person.

This is why Artemis slew Orion ERP

Bar codes - I guess we would use bar codes to track inventory and integrate that into GP... not sure it needs to go much further than that...

Around here - Access as a DB (when you are dealing with a GP install onto SQL 2005) would not be acceptable and as a front end I am not impressed even though I was an access developper for years.

Maximum Data has always been known as the best for barcoding from what I have seen. I have worked with it on some sales demos, but never have been able to see if in full action with one of my clients....this may change in the next month.

We use Maximun Data here and it's great. We use it for time and attendance, clocking on and off of work orders and inventory control (physical inventory and daily cycle counts).

BobSchleicher

Compass Technologies has a point of sale add-on. It didn't do what we needed but maybe it would work for others.

Maximum Data Solutions is generally considered the leader in this market - they are totally dedicated to GP.
The only down side is their product requires a dedicated - login workstation to work - so it eats a license and workstation. I have implemented and they can do everything they say they can do - many installed reference sites to speak with as well.

Good Luck -

Bron Tamulis, CPIM
Great Plains Mfg Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back