Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar codes in InD CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

senjinpojskic

Technical User
Jun 23, 2006
BA
Hi everyone
I have request to enter bar codes for number of articles in certain catalogue. Since I use InD CS on Win XP Pro SP2, can you please tell me if these can be generated using InD (and how to do it) or I need to turn to Corel.
Thanx in advance

senja

OK
Thank you
I hope these fonts will cover different standards throughout the market.

senja

Your first thought about going to Corel is a good one. CorelDraw does bar codes very well. I use it for that all of the time. It is very flexible. You can save the resulting barcodes as eps files, or whatever works for you and then place them in ID.

There are a few good plugins for creating bar codes right in InDesign: Cacidi Systems has one called Extreme BarCodes and there's one from Teacup Software (can't remember the name). They do everything from store codes to ISBNs, etc. Just do a Google search or look on Adobe's plug in site.

All right, I will search for these, thank you Ekwoman.

senja

You're welcome, senjinpojskic! I'm not sure if they're on Adobe's site...there are two sites I use (in the US, not sure where you are): indesign.pluginworlds.com and thepowerxchange.com. Good luck!

OK
I downloaded demo version of Cacidi Extreme BarCode from own web site and installed it and it works fine. It will do all standards and is so simple to use, great.
And I almost forgot, Happy hollidays from Bosnia.

senja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back