Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar and lines in chart not displaying to scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

passi27

Programmer
Feb 9, 2005
US
Hi,

i am using WebI 6.1 version. I created a chart with 3 primary y-axis and 1 secondary y- axis and using vertical bar and line chart. The third measure in primary y-axis is not using the rimary y-axis scale and the secondary y-axis(line) is not displaying any scale and am not sure which scale it's using. can anybody tell me weather it's the problem with the tool or it won't support 3 y-xis measures.
thanks.

Hi

I have tried your problem...it depends on the unit you are using for the measures...actually it is showing the scale for all the measures. If the units are same then it will not be displayed separately..Just try with a different unit and check.

Vaass

Hi vaass,
thanks for the reply. i didn't exactly get what a different unit means. All the measures i am using on the chart are $ amounts. can you please tell me how do i do with different units

Hi

Since you are using $ for all the units...it is not displaying...if you try with 3 measures with different units...eg...1 - $, 2 - Number, 3 - %
then you can find the scale separately..

Try this and let me know

Hi Vaass,

Thanks for the reply.If i change the units i see the scale seperately but not the $ sign. Is there a way where i want to use vertical bar and line chart where all of them uses the same scale.
ex- i have 3 measures on primary y-ais(bar) and one measure on the secondary y-axis(line) and i want both of them use the same scale what the primary y-axis has. Right now when i try the secondary -axis is using different scale.
Thanks

If you put hem on 2 axis, you'll never get the same scale. You need them on the same axis. You should be able to do this just by dragging the measures to the same spot.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back