Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAPI issue on WTX8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snehareddy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2006
IN
We are upgrading from Mercator 6.7 to 8.1.
The SAP integration package we are using is version 7.5.
We are using default values to import this BAPI type tree in WTX 8.1.
Are there any specified options used while importing the BAPI type tree?
Provide us various options to be used while importing a typetree from SAP function module.
An item in type tree is expecting initiator of form -F~XXXXX~ZM00_BAPI_SVRS but the input is having -F/XXXXX/ZM00_BAPI_SVRS … Is there any problem with the import options used while importing the type tree ?

Hi,

I am a relative WTX "newbie" (< 6 months) but have been quite happily using the BAPI importer to create type trees (using 8.1.0.2 with the SAP Pack 7.5).

In my mind, if the type tree created by the BAPI importer specifies that the format -F~XXXXX~ZM00_BAPI_SVRS is required, then you will need to transform your input data to accomodate before calling the BAPI (i.e. do some character replacement within a map rule to transform the input data into the target data format).

If, on the other hand, you are sure that the BAPI requires the format F/XXXXX/ZM00_BAPI_SVRS (which would surprise me given that the BAPI importer doesn't agree with that!), then you can use the Type Designer to modify the type tree created by the BAPI importer to use the desired initiator. Without knowing further details about your specific situation, I wouldn't entertain this option.

Try the first option and see what you get. Let me know if you would like more information about this option.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back