Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Banner Page printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmbucky

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
US
Netware 6
We have 1 user that will consistently get a banner page when printing to different network printers in the office. No other users get the page and the Enable Banner box is not checked on this users printer configuration.

I have reinstalled drivers with no difference. It doesn't matter which printer he prints to - so I'm wondering where it gets its info to print the banner??

If you have already checked the printer properties, have you checked the client properties also?

When you use legacy queue printing, you do not get a banner page option in the printer properties, but when you use NDPS you do get this. I am assuming you are using NDPS and are checking the printer configuration and seeing that the banner page is disabled. However, there is also a banner page option in the Novell client properties that is global to all installed printers. Check your client properties under the Default Capture tab and see if the banner option is checked there.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer

Thanks for the quick response - I had NOT looked at that Default Capture part of the client before - BUT it is NOT enabled.

Any other thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back