Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bank Transaction Entry - Transaction vs Receipt - difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgFIN

Technical User
Dec 4, 2023
CA
Hi All - technical GP back end question. I'm trying to figure out what GP is doing in the background and why GP is programmed with what appears to be 2 ways to get the same result. There must be something different otherwise why program these two procedures?

Under the /Bank Transaction Entry/ screen, OPTIONS are...

(1) Enter Transaction [sub-Types = (i) Cheque (ii) Withdrawal (iii) Increase Adjustment (iv) Decrease Adjustment]
(2) Enter Receipt [sub-Types = (i) Cheque (ii) Cash (iii) Credit Card]

If I want to post a $500 cheque receipt, what is the difference between using (1)Enter Transaction/(iii)Increase Adjustment VS (2)Enter Receipt/(i)Cheque?
If I want to post a $500 cash receipt, what is the difference between using (1)Enter Transaction/(iii)Increase Adjustment VS (2)Enter Receipt/(ii) Cash?
If I want to post a $500 credit card receipt, what is the difference between using (1)Enter Transaction/(iii)Increase Adjustment VS (2)Enter Receipt/(iii)Credit Card?

What is difference about /Enter Transaction/ vs /Enter Receipt/?

Both appear to produce the same JE
DR - Bank
CR - Revenue/etc

As an aside, if there is a GP User manual that answers this question.... (1) what is the link to the manual, and (2) exactly where in the manual should I look to read up on this on my own?

Please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back