Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bandwidth monitoring of a single port on a Catalyst 4006

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSAI

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
I am needing to monitor a single port on one of the blades I have in a Catalyst 4006. What tools are out there that will give a nice graphical detailed account of traffic bandwidth. I currently am using CiscoWorks 6 and the reporting is to say the least sad. I am getting up to speed on SNMP (meaning I have the information..I THINK... for the specific port I am wanting to monitor) but am unsure as to how and where to plug this into What's Up Gold to get the type of report I am desiring. Something like the bandwdith guages in HP's TopTools is what I am looking for. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Stephen

Well in my searching I ran across SolarWinds.net and their products. While a little pricey for what I am looking for, it does EXACTLY what I wanted.

Stephen

Depending on how ambitious you are, you may want to try MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Graph). This free Perl program can be manipulated more than a Whitehouse intern. Albeit the program requires a little bit of work to get it going, once you get the picture you can easily create any type of graph you're lookikng for. Perhaps somebody out there has precompliled code for just what you're looking to monitor???
Best of all is it's web based, so everyone can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Here's the link: Regards,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back