Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAD_POOL_HEADER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeySpills

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2006
US
So, I have a user that keeps getting this "blue screen" stop error atleast 2-5 x's daily and its getting pretty annoying. Top line reads BAD_POOL_HEADER and the below info tells you to do the whole F8 safe mode thing if this is the first time you've seen this error. There is also a code at the very bottom of the screen that reads: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x82005F00, 0x82005F40, 0x0A080003)
Aside from this, she is able to simply reboot and continue working.

Anyone have/had this issue at all? My gut tells me that were having some intermittent hardware issues developing and becuase the system is under warranty I would just swap a HD and system board after backing up.

Try running ChkDsk to check your drive for errors. Right click your Drive icon/ Properties/ Tools/ Error Checking.

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

Some of the suggestions to fix this include recreating your Paging File. Are you running anything with Adware in it like Kaaza that you may have removed the adware part? Have a read of these for further information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back