Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad_Pool_caller? when using webcam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budgy

Programmer
Jan 4, 2005
GB
Hi Folks really hope you can help me out here,

Before i tell you the problem, here is my pc specs :

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: PCCHIPS
System Model: P21G
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: RADEON X1600 Series
Chip type: ATI display adapter AGP (0x71C2)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Now the problem is that when ever i plug my usb for the webcam (creative labs version) in, the cam work for a few minutes, and before i installed my new graphics card the pc would just restart by itself, but now i get a messaged reading :

Bad_pool_caller

0x0000008E 0X0000005 0X8056C77B 0XB9BB1A28 0X00000000

The message also alerts be that i may beed to disable catching and memory shadowing from Bios?

Would you guys be able to tell me what the problem is here. It is a new pc, custom built. Thank you

"He that asks a question is a fool for a moment, he that never asks a question is a fool all his life

no one knows the answer?

"He that asks a question is a fool for a moment, he that never asks a question is a fool all his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back