Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigiida

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
IT
Hi,
I tried to do the restore of the content of a media, on a shared drive, but it didn't work, or it worked just for few files.
I received the following error messages:

.....file name or directory name..... EC=INVALID OWNER...
.....file name or directory name..... AC= ACCESS DENIED...
.....file name or directory name..... EC= PATH NOT FOUND...

Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Luigi

did anyone ever hava a reply to this? I cant seem to find it and it seems a little old now. I am having the Path Not Found error.

Are you restoring to a different location to the original, and what are you restoring? Is it just plain old files, or is it something that was backed up using an agent, such as some kind of database?

First thing I'd check is that Arcserve actually has permission to write or access the location you're trying to restore to.

Describe what and how you're restoring in a little more detail pls. :)

Thanks for the quick response Simon, I also noticed that I was getting the same folders giving the same error on different tapes and other data was going through ok.

I ran a cleaner through the tape unit (even though it didn't have a 'clean tape' light on) and then the restore went ok no errors.

I guess a faulty tape unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back