Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad Quality Audio Between G3 Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny3937

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2011
US
I have two G3's tied together between cities via an IP trunk. Recently we got reports of bad audio when calling between sites.I didn't see any errors on either switch. I busy and released the signaling group on both sides. I was able to call between sites and didn't hear any audio problems.
My main question is, are there any other troubleshooting steps that would allow visibility into the state of the connection between sites, or is looking at the trunk group and signaling group all I have?
Thanks!

I assume the IP trunks are tied together via some type of VPN connection.. with no QoS being implemented, you are probably going to have audio issues, when the internet traffic or the connections you are using between the offices are loaded down. You could install a VoIP monitoring solution, which will get you some MOS numbers on the calls.
see this link: Prognosis is free for up to 250 phones, at least it used to be, you can request a trial license anyway.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back