Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad Ports 206EC R4.1 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsronline

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
I have a 206EC card R4.1. Two of the ports work for standard analog phones but not Lucent proprietary phones. When a known good Lucent/Avaya phone is plugged into one of the ports in question, it seems to receive some power from the card. I assume this is coming from the center pins on the port. I can get sounds from the phone, for instance when pressing the ringer volume buttons, otherwise the phone doesn't function. None of the copper conductors on the ports look broken or bent.

Has anyone had this problem and successfully repaired it. I have not taken the card apart yet. I would like to know what to look for when I do.

Thanks,
Chris

Have you tried powering the system off and back on? The earlier releases of 206 cards would lock up the port for system phones if the 2nd pair got shorted, even momentarily. It will still work for a Tip/Ring, and you still "hear" the data on the 2nd pair with a butt set, but the Partner phone wouldn't work. Cycling the power, or #728 brings them back.

Hi lsronline,
Most the time, what TTT says will fix the problem. I have run into dead data ports on both 206 cards and 308 processors that reseting the system would not help. Bad port.
I hope you are lucky,
-Chris

Thanks for the replies!

The system has been powered down and back on but the problem has not been solved. Looks like bad ports.

Thanks again,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back