Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad performance in getting field via DDE-input with WORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarreel

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
BE
I have an application (a CRM-package) that can launch MS WORD and fill in the fields of a Fax-cover-page using DDE to retrieve the different fields from the CRM-database.

When the local database of that application is located on the local harddisk, it only takes 2 seconds to retrieve all the 15 fields.

We have now copy-ed that local database to a network drive and now we see that we need about 2 seconds for EACH field !

BUT if we set the focus to another application (e.g. the taskbar) then all those 15 fields are filled up in less than 2 seconds. I use this as a 'temporary' workaround so the users don't complain to much.
I have looked at the network-trafic, and there is almost NO trafic so I assume it is not realy network-trafic related.

What can be the reason ?
Anybody experienced this behaviour ?

workstations : Windows2000 Professional with SP2 and Office XP.

Greetings,
Chris MARREEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back