Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad formula code

Status
Not open for further replies.

neozeke

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
Hi,

Some of my reports (using SQL Commands as sources) doesn't run and returns a "Bad Formula Code" error. What are the causes of this errors and how can we resolve it?

Thanks.

It would help us tremendously if you provide some background information.

What version of crystal Report are you using?

What database are you using and how are the tables linked? Data sample would help as well.

What are you trying to accomplish with the report? Sample of what you are getting and what you want.

We need more than "Bad formula Code". We need the source code that caused the error

Once we know what you are trying to accomplish, then we can offer solutions to correct the problem.

-lw

hi kskid,

I'm using Crystal Reports XI and Oracle (im not sure about the version) as the database. It's kinda weird since my first run of the report, it works fine. And then when I tried to add a valid field on the SQL command editor window and click OK, it won't close the window and all I can do is to click the Cancel button. After I clicked the cancel button, the field that I added is now in the database fields and the report will now return the "Bad Formula Code" error. Is this a bug on the Crystal Reports XI side?

Thanks.

Can you run the SQL command in Oracle itself?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

hi dgillz, yes I can run it in SQL Plus...

Did you somehow add the field to your report manually before incorporating it into your command? Because if you cancel the command after adding the field, the field should not appear in the field list.

-LB

hi lbass, that's the weird thing... the first time I cancelled it, it already appeared on my field list...

So it appears on your field list with a checkmark next to it?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back