Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad CPPM CS and SS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallymcdoogle

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
Hi,

I have the following:

CS1K
Release 5.0
4ea Opt 11C cabinets
CPPM CS and SS

What happened is, I power cycled one of the loops to move the power cords off of the floor. That loop, 0.0, was the only loop I powered off. When I did this, the CPPM CS and SS both ELAN and TLAN lights went out, and all 3 other MGC loops went offline, eventually rebooting to try and connect to CS, then sit at E002 in all 4 MGC faceplates. I could hear all the line cards click away when this happened.

The Call Server and Signalling server CPPM cards are in a different loop that I power cycled.

Now I can't get the MGC loops to register with the call server. The ELAN lights on the CS never light up. The CF/HDCF lights only light up for 1/2 second at power up. The top light on the CS and SS CPPM stay red. The CS RED light stays red on both the CS and SS CPPM.

Are both my CPPM's dead? I've been told the memory DIMM died on both. If so, how can a power cycle on a non related loop cause this?

Plug into serial connector of cppm and what do you see? Are they booting up? Concentrate on the CS to start with, if it is not up press the reset button and capture the boot process on the tty and post

Given that you have a Rel 5 (age) and CPPM/SS co-located (hard drive) I am opting for a drive failure.

I have just had one. Means a part (HDD = 40G 5400rpm) and Avaya Aust claimed that they had none locally. We sourced ours from an ancient laptop.

Good Luck which ever way it goes.

Hi all,

It turned out to be bad memory Dimms on the CS and SS CPPM cards. I'm guessing that powering off 1 MGC Loop, caused the CS to want to INI, and in the process wouldn't come back.

Putting in new MEmory DIMM's allowed the CS to immediately boot up.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back