Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad Block on UCCX

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1T15H

Technical User
Oct 27, 2011
MU
Hello All,

Been some time since last post.

I come with an issue I am facing:

When CSC Supervisor is trying to generate report for calls statistics (Cisco Unified Historical Reporting), an I/O error is received and reports are not able to be generated.
On checking event logs, a bad block on disk harddrive0 was found.

I have opened TAC case Cisco for the application Cisco Unified Historical Report.
TAC Engineer forwarded case to Hardware team since issue related with hard disk.
Cisco Hardware TAC Engineer proposed to schedule scan to attempt to recover bad sectors

Concerns:
There is a risk factor with the scanning that the hard drive may be unusable.

We are proposing to have a spare HDD from Cisco and make a disk-to-disk copy.
Test the copy by putting it in server and boot it.
Once satisfied, we would then run the checkdisk on the original server.

Another concern is that when trying to perform UCCX backup thru app admin, the process stops at 67% with I/O error.

Can I have your views and recommendations please ?

UCCX version: Cisco Application Administration - 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 on Windows 2003 Server

thanks
Nitish/.

I have not seen this on the UCCX in particular, but I have on other voice application servers. Each time it turned out to be a bad drive and we replaced it. The bad part is the database recoevery will go back to your last complete backup (one reason I do them weekly). The good news is that the recoevery database should be clean.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back