Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad bios for IBM SERVERAID Firmware needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HI there.
I have a major problem here.
I bought 5 serveraid 1 ibms scsi raid for 1 gateway ALR 7200 ,Compaq ml 350 and Micronics Dual ppro w6li.I tried to update the firm ware and the bios on these cards on my msi k7pro mb to no avail.On the contrary it blocked the firmware and the cards respond incorrectly as they dont have bios or firm ware.i tried some others on the servers and they worked.
I tried ibms latest frmware programs but they dont have the cores for the serveraid 1.

I need an old copy of Serveraid firmware updates prior to version 4.0.Most preferably 1,x or 2,x.

Please help.

PS:is there any program to download a good bios and a good firmware images out of a working card and flash it brutal in a non working.It seems that msi cleared both bios and firmware.

Give IBM support a call. I've had good experience in the past with getting older drivers/updates from them.

If not, there's always Google.

Chip H.

I recently got a serveraid 4H and am trying to make it work in a Tyan S2468 MPX chipset mobo. The card posts fine but after that it says controller 1 slot 1 drive configuration and just hangs there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dont know if you still need the FW for the old card, but i have it available, email me at neil.cresswell@nz.ibm.com and i will send it to you.

N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back