Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad battery(ies) in APC SU2200NET 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyran

Technical User
Nov 30, 2001
US
We have an APC Smart-UPS 2200 that is reporting bad batteries. My questions are:

1. How many battery modules are in that particular unit?
2. If I'm getting a "bad battery" report, how can I tell how many of the cartridges need to be replaced?

Since the latest price I've gotten per-cartridge is around $300, I don't want to have to sign for too much, especially if I can get a replacement UPS for a hundred more than it costs to replace the batteries. Thanks all! Of all the things I've lost
I moss my mind the mist.

the SU2200 should use an RBC12 battery package from APC. The price normally charged for these packages is absolutely absurd. $300-$350 is just way too much!

The RBC12 package consists of two sets of four 12V-7AH batteries. There are normally a good number of people selling these batteries on Ebay for around $100-$150 (full set of 8). They don't come with the wiring harnesses or with the batteries bundled together into bricks, but you can easily reuse the existing wiring harness. Any Eckerd's/Walgreens/CVS or supermarket will have double-stick foam tape for about $2 that will let you stick the batteries together just like the APC sets. Add a quick tab of shipping tape on the front battery so you can easily pull out the battery pack later and you've just made a complete RBC12 battery set for less than half the price. :)

You could also do a google/yahoo search for RBC12...

You will find a good amount of companies that sell RBC12 equivalents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back