Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad ATA port on CICS? Can't get outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
I have never seen this before. Today I installed a cordless phone on the ATA port on a CICS.
It gets intercom dialtone and I definitely have it programmed correctly, have done a ton of these.
No lines assigned, Access to Pool A, 1 intercom.
When you dial 9, it just sits there.
I double checked all the line settings and there are no random lines in Pool A.

I am guessing it is a bad trunk card possibly, since it is on the CO amphenol.

Or could be defective on the motherboard??

Have you ever seen this issue before?

Again, I have intercom dial tone but can't get outside dial tone.
I checked it with my butt set too, so it is not the cordless phone.

I would try dialing 9 on a digital set that has line appearance to see if it has the same problem. Maybe a route is set up instead of pool code. Maybe pool code is 2 digits.

Can a digital set dial 9 with no issue?

-Try 2 Intercoms
-Access to Pool X
-Primed to Pool X

And try this as a test, used for faxing since it does not make internal calls:
Hotline to External and add a Pause (F78).

Add all 8 lines to a set then see what happens when cordless/testset dials 9

I just added an ATA2 to a CICS because no audio heard period but it did dial out so could be the mobo or software glitch.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

All the phones are programmed same: All lines in line pool A.
Prime line, pool A. All sets pick up on last line.
Except the ATA I have programmed as Prime Line I/C
Access to Pool A.
They only have 3 lines.

MooreTel could you please clarify your question?

I have had issues with the ATA after programming it where a reboot corrected the problem.

Marv ccna

If you set up a line pool you have to assign line pool codes for each different pool under "Assess Codes".

Did you get it to work? Have you tried your test set and not the cordless?

Yes, I posted at the beginning that I tested with my butt set. Doesn't work that way either.
I will check the line pool codes. Somehow I don't remember ever programming those "Assess Codes".
Pretty sure you mean access codes. I did a reboot and reseated the trunk card immediately, hoping
that would work on the initial service call. No luck.
I will be back there tomorrow to try some of these tips.
Funny how you think after 3 decades of repairs you have seen it all, but new things happen all the time.
That's what makes this job so interesting! Always learning.

He has indeed tried a test set...

What Mooretel is stating is that you can put lines in pools and allows sets access to pools but without programming an access code to dial that particular pool it will not work hence my unanswered questions above.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

So in this situation, the one I am working on, How many intercoms do you need to allow?
I normally just use 1, curlycord, I will try 2, but curious why.
I will see if 9 works from the Tphones. Have not had a chance to go back since my original post.
Going back tomorrow.

For me it's out of habit to program 2 Intercoms....maybe because years ago I read it in a manual, once lol.
On the the BCM you cannot add or delete Intercoms, they are fixed.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

It was all programming, as some of you mentioned. But I was not able, for some reason, to input 9 as the access code for external calls or the Line Pool Code.
I did not see that there was a 9 programmed anywhere else at all, but it was not allowed. So I had to use an 8 instead. It works, but wierd, I have never seen this happen before.

Both "Line Pool Codes" & "Extrnl" are under "Access Codes".

By default, Extrnl code is 9, but changeable. Line Pool codes are NOT programmed so the installer must program them.

yeah, it was wierd the system would just not let me input 9, it was waiting for 3 more digits but only certain digits were allowed. The other one was only a CHANGE choice, and when you hit CHANGE the digits just came up that you could choose from, it started at 3 and ended at 8. The default was NONE on both.
This is different from what i had seen before. Must have been the s.w. version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back