Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAD ANALOG CARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadissonIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2005
US
Every so often we have an analog card go bad(NT8D09BA). Would anyone know the best place to buy new cards and or sell the 10 bad ones that we already have?
Thanks for any info

If you do not already have a vendor, that offers a maint. contract, you can try Bar Tech. I believe their website is btts.com. I use them on a regular basis, Bobbi Atkins is my contact person

10 bad anlg cards? you may want to make sure your system is properly grounded.

10 cards? WOW. Is there any rhyme or reason when they go out? (i.e. Are they in the same slot or same cabinet? Are you in an area that has high electrical storm activity?)

I performed a upgrade on Large Option 81C(Hotel) and I had to change out all NT8D09BA REL 1 thru 8 due to Nortel Bulletin PAA-2002-1548-Global Revision 2.0. Nortel replaces all these card free of charge. Just have your vendor use this bulletin to produce RMA# with Nortel to have these cards replaced.

I have been here 6 months and this is the third bad card. The red light comes on and all ports are useless. I'll double check the ground. Thanks

All of the cards are Release 10. There is no rhyme or reason that I notice about the cards dying. Thansk for all the input.

are you feeding multi buildings? is so i've seen that problem before.. take a half a dozen spare pairs to each remote site and ground them on both end.. when the ground is better in one building the another, cards act a great path for inductive discharge.. we use gas protection for remote sites..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back