Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabroni

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
GB
i backup my sql backups to disk. when i run nt backups the backup exec can't access the data and log files because it is "sharelocked". how do you backup sql 2000 files that are sharelock?? does sql have to be "turned off" before the nt backups begin?? if so, is there a way to configure sql to stop and restart at certain times?? need help urgently!!

cheers

In order to backup the LDF, MDF and NDF files, the SQL Service needs to be stopped. But if you're backing up your DB's to backup files, why not just have the NT backup backup those files and not backup the actual database files?

If you really need to backup the actual database files you will need a scheduling program and then you issue the Command Line for starting/stopping services (NET START and NET STOP if I'm not mistaken (and I may be)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back