Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups taking over 100 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepc

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
I have a problem with Backup exec. 8.6. My backups seem to run forever when trying to backup the second partition on my server. I weird part about it is that it will run fine for about 10 days, then all of a sudden it will take about 100 hours to complete. If you look at the logs it says backing up E at 10:00 pm 9-1-04 then right below it will state backed E: at 9:30 am 9-6-04. ???? Anyone ever experiense this problem before?

I replaced all the tapes and the drive has been cleaned.

Check your alerts tab in backup exec or application log on the server...are you being prompted for media or anything?

No, nothing. No alerts or anything. The backup job will complete successfully.

Not sure if its the same with BE 8.6 but with 9.1 I had problems with speed and upgrading to the latest version solved that problem.

---
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.

Have you checked the nic speed on all nic's that you are using and make sure they are all the smae i.e. 100 Full duplex and going through a switch that is configured with 100 Full duplex ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back