Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups jobs just hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Dear All,

Sine about two, three weeks, I have been experiencing a weird issue: The scheduled jobs start. but then at random times and random servers they just stop running. Don't fail, don't stop. Just hanging at some source and don't do anything. The only thing I can do is to kill the engine as cancel does not work. This is a big problem as when the job decides to stop at one of the first machines, all other devices below are not backed up.

Restarting the server did not work. No errors in the log either.

We run BE 2010 R3.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards.

Michael.

I'd check your permissions and maybe even test with a domain admin account to see if it's getting hung on requesting a file or something silly.

Is your backup a dedicated server, or does it hold other roles? Are you backing up to a san, usb device, local server, or tape?

Have you checked resources? If possible could you use fiber or 10GB connection to the main switch? The bigger the pipe to the backup server the faster your backups will run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back