Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackupExec 9.1 - Disk full when creating IDR floppies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngagne

Technical User
Sep 14, 2001
US
Using BUE 9.1, when I choose to either create or update my IDR disks, I get through the first two disks no problem. When it asks where to save the system specific information, I insert a third disk and try to write. It immediately tells me that the disk is full (which it isn't). I saw an answer pertaining to the boot floppy creation where the SCSI drivers were being saved, thus bloating the file size, however this does not appear to pertain to the system specific files. Any ideas?

Hi,

Try to format the floppy as "Format /u a:"

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Sorry, I should have added that I have formatted all the disks, and that this is W2K server. What does the /u directive do? It's not in my list of supported arguments.

HI,

FORMAT [drive:] /U
Performs an UNCONDITIONAL format, which DESTROYS every byte of data on ANY hard disk/floppy by overwriting it with zeroes (hex F6h).

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Same problem. I did notice that the .dr file is ~1500k. How can I shrink this down (and why doesn't Veritas just let you span disks???)

I think there is hotfix for this issue. I would rename the IDR folder and run a repair on backup exec. Re-apply the latest tape driver, run the full backup and re-create the diskets. I think you may have extra file in the IDR folder that are not supposed to be there that are making the disk to big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back