Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backupexec 8.0 on Windows 2000 problem - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 18, 2000
US
Hi,<br><br>I've installed Backupexec 8.0 on Windows 2000..<br><br>Problem : Whenever i submit a backup job .. it displays as running in the active jobs forever... but it doesn't really do anything.. in the meanwhile if i initiate a erase or format or lable media operation it goes through successfully.<br><br>If i check the event viewer : it mentions that the BENGINE.EXE (backupexec engine) generated a dr. watson error on some mem addr.. <br><br>I then need to switch off the HP DAT drive & restart windows 2000 to get rid of the active job entry for the initiated backup operation..<br><br>I can take proper backup with NT Backup (Normal NT backup)<br>& also use the same Backupexec 8.0 software on NT 4.0 (SP4)<br><br>This problem is specific to NT2000 only. <br><br>Are any patches required???<br><br>Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back