Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backupexec 2012 restore problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

4johnny

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
I am using backupexe2010r2 in production creating backups on tapes and removable hard drives. I have a test server with backupexe2012 installed in my lab to test restores. I attach a removable hard drive by USB to my test server, click on 'configure storage', 'disk based', import a legacy B2D folder, and point it to the USB drive. I then inventory and catalog the drive.

If I then, double-click the B2D folder under storage, then click on the backup sets tab, I can see a complete listing of all the folders that were backed-up and the dates (04-11-2012), however, if I then try to create a restore job to restore any files from that date, the 04-11 date is not an option to restore. So i dont think thes backups are getting cataloged correctly.

It does seem to work properly with my tape backups....what am I doing wrong when trying to catalog/restore these USB removable drives???

or is it a bug?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back