Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup_notify script 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendas

Technical User
Feb 2, 2004
SG
Hi,
how can i make use of backup_notify.cmd found in C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin ??
thanks

What are you trying to acheive?

This is from the manual
The backup_notify.cmd script runs on the NetBackup server where the storage unit is located and is called each time a backup is successfully written to media. The parameters that NetBackup passes to this script are:
- The name of the program doing the backup
- The backup-image name or path
For example:
backup_notify.cmd bptm bilbo_0695316589
Note If NetBackup backed up files to a UNIX disk storage unit that is being managed by Storage Migrator, the backup_notify script notifies Storage Migrator to perform migration as quickly as possible. The released script does not, however, have commands to force a backup of the managed file system after NetBackup has stored its backups. To back up the managed file system, modify the script as necessary to meet site requirements for backup.

i want to know which tape is being used to backup the catalog. which command can i use?

changing topic?

bpsyncinfo

Bob Stump
Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige

You specify that through the GUI when you set up your catalog backup.

Oh!...I get it.
You are maybe looking for
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/dbbackup_notify or..
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\dbbackup_notify.cmd

This will email you a notice that the catalog was backed up and gives you the status of the catalog backup including the media that was used.

Bob Stump

how do i modify dbbackup_notify.cmd so that it sends email to me?

You can edit the ascii file.
@REM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:SendNotification

@REM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@REM - might want to mail this info to someone

@REM -

@REM - @call %NB_MAIL_SCRIPT% someone_who_cares "NetBackup db backup" %OUTF%

Bob Stump

what should i change the ascii file to if i am using blat ?

hi guys..
i find that backup_notify.cmd is run everytime a stream of data has completed backup.
is there a way to run it only once (ie. after the entire schedule finish)?

I use backup_exit_notify to create a file of each server backed up. It will output once per attempt per server, so I edited backup_exit_notify to overwrite the file it writes to after each attempt. Shortly before I come in each morning, I create a report using all the files created during the previous night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back