Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildek

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
I'm trying to backup an ADP database using SQL Talk. The database name is pay4win and the server name is fred3. This is the script I have in SQL Talk:

connect pay4win user/password;
set server fred3;
use 1;
backup snapshot to c:\backup\pay4win on server;
disconnect pay4win;

I get the following error though: Error: Database name not configured

Does anyone have any idea? I just want to create a script and then create a task to run it every night so the database is backed up.

Thanks,
Ken

Please disregard my previous post as I figured out what was wrong.

Hi Ken,

I hope you can help me. I am using SQLBase 7 database. I have a PROD database and a DEV database. The data in PROD database is till date.

1.When i try to copy the .dbs file from PROD to DEV, i find that DEV database is not updated. Is there anything else i have to do after copying the .dbs file to DEV from PROD??
2. I took backup snapshot of PROD database. When i try to restore the DEV database from the the PROD SNAPSHOT, the system does not let me. However, when i do the restore from DEV SNAPSHOT, the system does it fine. My aim is to update the DEV database with PROD database.

Thanks in advance.....
Indoaryaan.

Ken,
What change to your SQLTalk script did you make to get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back