Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup WSS 3.0 site without access to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel811

Programmer
Jan 2, 2008
US
Hello,

My site collection of Sharepoint sites is in a hosted environment where I do not have access to any of the infrastructure in which it is housed on. I'm looking to take a backup of all of our sites, all of the content, our users, etc. Is there a way to do this aside from Sharepoint Designer?

Thanks,
Sheel

Do you have access to cental admin?
There are the backup and restore options under the operations tab there.

carl
MCSD, MCTS:MOSS

I'm looking for the exact same thing. Most solutions do not consider hosted environments, so I have been coming up with workarounds. SPD offers options, but I have had to implement workarounds for it too. I'm interested if anyone else has any other options or would like to discuss this issue in a hosted environment.

There is a project on codeplex call remote stsadm tool. I've never used it, but it is supposed to allow you to issue stsadm commands against a remote host. it may be worth looking into.

here is the link =
carl
MCSD, MCTS:MOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back