Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup up all my tables in the SQL 2000 Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMeade

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2001
US
I would like backup all my databases in one operation to the server's tape drive. I've gone to Database selection in my Enterprise Manager, right clicked and selected all tasks and picked 'backup database'. When the window opens it shows the name of the first database file in the container with a drop down list that would let select an other one of the tables. I have 15 databases I would like to schedule for backup at the same time. The aggregate total of all the files would fit on one tape. Do I need to back them up one at a time??

As an alternative can I use the general backup utility, in Windows 2000 server, to back up the entire drive. Will that update the backup flag in each of the databases?

You can use the backup wizard in 7 or 2000 to schedule a backup job that will backup as many of the databases as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back