Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup to LAN drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartjo

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
NL
Hi all,

Does anyone has experiance with making an (scheduled) backup to the network?
I would like to make a daily backup to one of our servers.
In case of fire the dump on the disk will be gone to :-(

If someone can advice me...
thanks in advance

Bart

Hi Bartjo,

Does this have any sense.....What are you gonna do if the server is in the same room as the PABX?

Hi Bartjo,

I did use it in an multi-MD environment where systems where connected trough a Wide Area Network.

At the "central site" all the backups where stored to a harddisk using FTP. This was not automated, but always more accurate than the service providers 3 month interval saftey backup. Backup worked fine, fortunally restore never was an issue.

If you have this "backup" stored onto a Tape, CD-RW or CD-R it's also possible to relocate a copy to a save location.

Regards,

\\Jerom

You can do it. You need MDDT (MD Disk Tool) for windows, which allows you to perform disk maintenance operations on the HDU via Network Connection (Local or Remote). It uses the FTP to access the file system (4th port on your NIU, have to be configured to Ethernet)

Thanks all, I will try this
Leady: of course the server will be in another area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back