Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup to disk question

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uper5aiyan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I have a problem. Everytime I run a backup it just keeps adding to the original file. If I schedule a backup for Mon-Fri with the option "append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available" it just keeps getting bigger (for instance if my backup is 10GB it will be 30GB in 3 days). If I choose to "Overwrite media" it gives me a job failed error but with no error code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the overwrite protection period on the media?

HI,

Which backup type have you selected in the backup job properties.It should be "full backup files reset archive bits".

HTH
Aslam

Indeed, sounds like it's doing exactly what you are asking it to.

You could try setting the Append period to 2 days or less. This will force Backup Exec to create another B2D media after it has appended to it for the specified time. The specified overwrite protection will kick in thereafter.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back