Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup to Disk (Incremental/Differential)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurbaniak

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2003
US
Ok, I'm testing out the B2D portion of Backup Exec 9.0.

I started by just selecting a folder with a few items in it, and did a FULL backup of it.

#2 - I added a file to that folder, and did a (Diff) and it backed up just that file. Perfect.

#3 - Now I decided to see what happens if I remove a few files, and do a (Diff). Nothing. It doesn't see any difference, so it doesn't do anything.

#4 - So then I decide, lets to a RESTORE of this folder to it's ORIGINAL form. Works fine.

#5 - Now, I decide let's do a RESTORE of this folder with the (Diff). When I do this, it restores the FULL backup, and the added file, plus the files I deleted. (Not what I'm looking for)

I've also tried this using the Incrementals. But I get the same thing. Why does it restore the Deleted files?? Should it be doing this?

if you do a diff after u delete the files , that diff wont backup those files, thus wont restore them.
Which diff did you restore from ?

If you dont want to restore something, deselect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back