Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Suddenly Started to Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulless

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
GB
I have Backup Exec 8.5 running on a Windows SBS 2000 machine.
It was all working fine, until 2 days ago when the backup of SBS Exchange Server started to fail saying that access was denied.

Unable to attach to \\ExhSrv\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Acess is denied

^^^^^
Unable to attach \\ExhSrv\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
^^^^^

Previously I have no problems with this backup and nothing has been changed.
Any ideas why this would happen?

It is the account that you use for backup that has an issue. Which account did you use to setup backup. That account needs to have right to access to MS Exchange mailbox. Could it be that you just reset administrator password? I don't use 8.5 anymore but if you go to the backup server, go to Admin Tools/Services. Open up all the BackupExec services and you will see what account is being used to run certain service. Make sure the account you use have admin right or right to all the mailbox and you'll be fine.

Tried what you suggested, and everything seems perfectly fine, but I am still getting the errors. We havent changed anything on the server at all, thats why I cant understand why this has started happening.

Soulless

Have you hidden the mailbox backup exec uses for the mailbox backups?

Are you able to select the mailboxes in the backup selections still?

Hi we are experiencing the same problem. it started two weeks ago after a change to the group policy. sollution then seemed to create a new service account. but now the same starts all over again.

Found it! The service account's mailbox had been hidden. After unhidding it it all works fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back