Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Source Priority - how do I set this up? BABv9

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse924

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
I tried using Source Priority with Arcserve 2000 and was never able to get it to ACTUALLY work. Now I have BAB v9 installed and I would like to try to utilize Source Priority for all jobs. What do I need to do?

Do I need to enable anthing on the Client Agent side? My assumption was that since the Source Priority is set when configuring the job, the Backup server/job handles the priority of each session based on what I selected.

Anyone able to get this to work??

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

It is setup at the service side and I have used it and never had a problem.

If modifying a job be sure to re-submit it back into the queue.

I will try setting this up at the "service side", but can I assume you mean from the Client Agent GUI on each server?

Is that correct?

Nope, I meant Server side, just too much to do, too little time to do it and sleep.

At the backup server, when setting up the job or for a current job select Modify. Then when resubmitting it back into the queue there is the option for it.

I have used that method, and it didnot work. Arcserve prefers alphabetical order, instead of priority.

I noticed when I set HIGH priority on the Client Agent for our MAIL server, it did get backed up first, however.

Still don't understand this...

I use this feature. Works like a charm. When you make a new (or modify) backup job, the last screen has as button called "Source Priority" on the lower right hand part of the window. You'll see the list of servers you are backing up. Simply order them in the sequence you want.

Is this what you tried and you say it didn't work? Are you running Arcserve Advanced and not Workgroup, right?

Debi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back