Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
What's your backup methods? I'm looking for a new solution as we're retiring the VM Host server that hosts our MiCollab server. We no longer need to use MiCollab as we have switched internally to Hosted phones.

I've been using Guild FTPd for years as a backup solution for MCD 4 and above... especially useful with systems that allow for backups to be scheduled.
This has worked well as I'm able to set a specific user account for each customer and have their filed dropped to specific folders on the "FTP Server". For these systems, I set them to do a backup without voicemail messages once a week. Every month or so, I manually purge all but the last 2 backups for each system.

With MSL products, I've been running backups to our in-house MiCollab server. Again, each customer has their own folder. This relies on the admin/root password, and I've set sub-folders to have each system back-up to. The nice thing about this is that the latest versions of MSL automatically purges old files - I set each system to only hold the last 3 or 5 backups - depending on the device.
All MiCollab servers that use NuPoint, I have them backup daily. All other systems, I have back-up once a week.
We've got a few systems running MiVB 9.x and they too are backing up to the MiCollab system.

Anyhow, as mentioned above, we're retiring the VM host that supports our MiCollab server and I need to find another solution for backups.... the MSL items require sFTP whereas MCD 4 to 8 require standard FTP.

It's been suggested in the past to simply spin up a MSL server without any apps and use it as a backup solution. We might be able to do this on Amazon... id love to have a solution that would do both sFTP and FTP.

Thanks,
Mark

You might look at SMEServer [link ][/url] it is based on Mitel e-smith operation and would look very similar to any MSL. You can set up an ibay(s) for ftp. I use Guild and Xlight FTP Servers. Guild on y laptop, but have Xlight for my bench setup since it can run as a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back