Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Software Recomendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLADY218

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
US
Hello Everyone,

I will soon be running Active Directory over DSL and VPNs to 5 sites and am wondering what the best backup software there is for this. I was looking at Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers. I would appreciate any recommendations. Also does anyone know of good Network Monitoring and Remote Control Software.

Thanks to all

Backup software - Arcserve 2000/Brightstor from Computer associates.. it's awsome

I'm assuming you'll be using Win2k server at each of the sites.. If so, you can install Terminal Service, which comes with two free licenses, and you can control them that way..

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

We dumped Arcserve for Veritas Backup Exec 9.0. I've used both but prefer Veritas.

Good luck,

FredUG

With pretty extensive experience with both Veritas and Arcserve, I definitely prefer Veritas. Arcserve can be hard to work with it's not real user friendly.

Backup Express from Syncsort is fantastic. I prefer it over Veritas and it came at a decent price.

For remote management, terminal services in remote admin mode is probably the best ticket.

go Veritas 9 all the way... good support, easy to use and it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back