Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup server

Status
Not open for further replies.

moniema

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2003
SD
Hello

Dear All,

I am a system administrator new to veritas netbackup, I want to create a new backup server, I have one v880 sunfire and e350, the original one is the v880 server I want to make a full copy of that servr to e3500. I need a way to replicate certain disks to the backup server so if any failure happend I can change the server ip address and continue work with a minimum downtime.

Regards

Hello

Dear All,

I forget to tell that iam using solaris 9

thanx

We run a number of kron jobs that copy the catalog files over to an alternitive server. The alternative server is just one of the media servers so it's not a server sitting around idle for most of the time. We have not use it in anger but I have done a couple of fail over tests. You have to shut down all the Netbackup deamons and then edit the bp.conf files to make the alternative the master. Then just start up the deamons and away you go. However switching back can be mess as you can lose the record of what happend whilst in fail over mode. Best thing I think would be to copy the catalog back again to the original. This is perhaps not the best way but it works.

The recovery server must take on the same name as the original master server, how are you getting around this lenski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back