Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup/Recovery Client on XP sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2008
CA
I have cv7.0 installed and I'm running it to back up about 18 of our servers (W2K3) and all went smooth. I was then tasked with backing up a few of our users laptops. Here is where all my grief started. Once I installed the windows client and then ran the update from the console I then began to set it up for a backup. After a few failled attemps a realized I needed to open a few ports on the XP machines firewall (8400-8403). That still didn't work, this is where i'm stuck. I disabled the firewall and it works just as it does on my servers. This is why I know its a firewall issue.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

You need to open 8400 - 8403 (you really only need 8400 though in a basic setup)

Then also open up a range of ports for Galaxy to use (ie. 8600-8620)

Then run firewallconfig.exe in the Base folder to add the necessary config files.

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back