Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackUp Procedures for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarym

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
US
Hello! Currently I have BackUp Exec 9.1 Running with Exchange option. The company policy to this day was only to back up Mailboxes at brick level. Now this is really fine, when user looses and email, they call and I can easily restore a specific email. But what would happen if the server would crash? Would I be able to restore the exchange from just just mailbox backup? Can someone help to design a proper solution? Also, when I look at Veritas backup screen, I can see options to backup Exchange Directory and Exchange IS. Would these 2 be enough for me to restore the server if it fails?

You need to backu the IS to get the server back. If you backup the mailboxes only. You would have to recreate all the mailboxes first and match the display names. Your previous policy should have be at minimum to backup the IS.

Thanks. Can you give me a restore procedure if I need to restore exchange to a new box with same name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back