Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup problem with sqlserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

warre

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2001
SE
I am running backupexec 8.6 on a w2k server and im trying to backup a remote sqlserver that has a backupexec agent installed. I can see the dbs from the backup interface but when i try to back them up i get a error message in the log and the backup fails.
Database pubs was not found, or could not be accessed.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to open the item pubs - skipped.

the sameone on all the databases

on the remote server i find this in the eventlog, so im not sure where the error lies if its backup exec or the sql server thats causing the problems.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 17055
Date: 2001-11-19
Time: 04:29:16
User: N/A
Computer: server
Description:
18204 :
BackupPipeFile::OpenMedia: Backup device
'\\.\pipe\BackupExecSqlAgent-{7166eb3d-c203-4936-8f65-ec89d69010ad}-00'
failed to ConnectNamedPipe. Operating system error = 233(error not found)

So any hints or tips ?
// Johan

Check your services for the correct password, if it is not the service account your using for the backup you cannot connect!

Paul

i was running it as a backupaccount with administrator rights but after trying the serviceaccount , the same as the sql server was using it still didnt work. i still get the same error messages, i dont think its the password, because i can still read the file structure of the server and see the databases on the server. so im thinking its propobly more like something wit the namedpipes it uses to connect to the server.

// Johan

Are you using named pipes to get to the server or IP? Are you backing up from the server or from another machine?

I solved this by putting the machines in the same domain, I didnt want to to this at first but it solved my problem so... :)

well thanks for the response anywhay

// Johan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back