Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup permission error

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hello, SQL 2008 I am getting an error when I try to run a backup Job.

Executed as user: meadmin. The server principal "meadmin" is not able to access the database "SharePoint_AdminContent" under the current security context. [SQLSTATE 08004] (Error 916) BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed.

1) meadmin Server roles: sysadmin
2) meadmin Member DB roles: db_backupoperator, db_ddladmin, db_owner (I was trying anything)
3) meadmin has execute permission on stored procedure
4) SQL Server Agent is running

The job has one step EXECUTE master..usp_BACKUPSHAREPOINT which runs fine from query.

I originally had the code within the step and not calling a stored procedure but thought I could test easier with the store procedure. It gave the same error.

This is a new install of 2008 and I am still learning how to use 2008.

What have I missed?

Thank you,

djj
The Lord is My Shepard (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Can you please post the error and also confirm the access to folder that you are backing up. It’s always recommended to use windows authentication service accounts.

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

The error is in bold above with the user name changed. If I run the sp with the same credentials it creates the file where I want it. I have tried two windows accounts that have sysadmin privileges, both give the same error.

djj

Found the problem. When defining the step under Advanced I put a value in Run as user. I removed it and the job worked fine.

djj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back