Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup only files in include list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbartsch

ISP
Jul 10, 2002
CL
Is possible to had a class that only backups files on the
/usr/openv/netbackup/include_list on the client machine, so the admin of the machine can select wich files to backup?

any ideas if this is possible with nbu DataCenter 3.4 solaris master, linux client.

TIA.

My only thought is to use the "gui include" to specify everything, have the client exclude list set to everything also and then explicitly define what you actually want in the client include list.

You can't add something with the include list that wasn't initially added via the master gui.

Good Luck

I would set the GUI to backup all .....

Then use the exclude_list to control what is actually backed up!

The include_list should be used to backup a single or a group of files within a directory that was excluded...

Thanks for the tips, what i do was, in the class i define the file list as / and included the option "Cross mount points", in the exclude list i add "/*" and in the include list i put the directories to being backedup, and works like a charm!

thanks for your comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back