Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup on volume Software very Slow+Arcserve 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesavento

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2010
BR
Hi Everybody

I am using Arcserve 9.01 and Netware 6.5. My backup runs with GFS differential Monday to Thursday and full on Friday. Make up three server software and sys volumes. On the server where Arcserve is installed the backup software's volume is very slow, with rate 100Mb/min, but when it makes the rate rises to SYS 1000Mb/min. Does anyone know what can this be, any configuration of volume? Both are NSS and are in the same Storage. The robot is a Dell PVT132.

Thanks!!

Rodrigo Pesavento

from a friend to knows more about NetWare.

1.use tsatest to test throughput outside of arcserve
from the server console use the following command load tsatest /v=sys:

2. then record the results, this is for a base line

3. then then the same command,
load tsatest /v=software:
4. record the results

5.These tests run the speed at which the server can read the data from the hard drive though the TSA modules. ARCserve will add some overhead to this speed so it will probably run a little slower even than the results from tsatest.

In the even in the event that tsatest shows the software volume running a lot faster than ARCserve does the backup, like on par with the sys: volume, then I suggest you contact CA support. Also that versionwas End of Life while awhile ago and he should consider an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back