Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup of Novell Cluster does'nt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenix71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2007
ES
Hello, we have an error with the backup of some savesets that we save weekly from a cluster of two nodes in two Novel Netware version 6.5 SP4 physical machines and Legato Netware agent 7.2

The error message that comes out to the GUI is "Probe job had unrecoverable failure"
And in the daemon.log:
06/08/07 12:09:04 savegrp: bora-zen:probe unexpectedly exited.

06/08/07 12:09:04 nsrd: savegroup failure alert: Pruebas Completed/Aborted, Total 1 client(s), 0 Clients disabled, 0 Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 0 Succeeded.

06/08/07 12:09:04 nsrd: savegroup alert: Pruebas completed, Total 1 client(s), 1 Failed. Please see group completion details for more information.

* bora-zen:probe NetWorker : Novell Cluster Service is Up and Running

* bora-zen:probe SAVEFS.NLMNetWorker : Client : bora-zen: failed.

* bora-zen:probe BORA-ZEN is Virtual server

06/08/07 12:09:04 nsrd: runq: NSR group Pruebas exited with return code 1.

If anyone can give us support with this subject...

Not sure what is wrong. Can you get a manual backup fom the NetWare client to work?

Yes, if we do the backup from the Netware client it works....

If this has ever worked (you just state a problem with 'some savesets') then i expect a network related problem.

Since the manual backup works, and it looks like the probe fails during the scheduled, I'm a bit curious to know what save set you have specified. Also verify your name lookup and make sure both long and short name works. I would recommend using the hosts file on both to start with. Verify your alias field so both short and long name are there also.

Do not forget that you must specify the "Remote User" and password as Netware clients so not have a system/root account.

Hi @ll

I have had this problem vith various client OS' too and solved it by :

-deleting the client resource
-stopping NW Server services, deleting contents of ..nsr\temp directory
-re-creating the client and entering the FQDN in the network Interface field in the client resource.

We have experienced these problems because we back up servers in two different subnets...

Hope it helps

cheers Till

We have solved already that issue.The only change that we have added, is in the alias section of the client configuration, the name of the cluster (that it is a resource of the system itself).From this moment we have been able to make copies of the virtual resource and its volumes.

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back