Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup (not failover) ASBCE - Licensing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

I have a client that I configured a ASBCE for on a CAD-0230 for SIP Trunks and Remote Workers.

They have purchased another CAD-0230 that they want me to configure exactly like the running ASBCE should it die, they can swap it out.

My plan is to fire up the new ASBCE on the same exact software version, do a EMS and ASBCE Backup and merge to the backup ASBCE.

They have not purchased matching licensing for the new ASBCE, so I guess I am looking for the best way to go about this request.

The Primary is using itself as the WebLM. Is there any way to accomplish this, without buying duplicate licensing?

ACSS / ACIS
Dcomm, LLC

Using an APP Server for voicemail? Make it your WebLM (enable it, then change SBC WebLM server address), and then your hardware is easily swappable as the licensing is stored NOT on the SBC itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back