Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Job Will Not Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangog

MIS
Oct 30, 2003
US
Hi All,
First time posting so here's the background. Inherited administrator duties from friend who left the company on bad terms. Have 2 seperate installions of ARCserve 2000 advnaced edition ver.7 build 1100, one running on w2k box with sp3 and one running on nt box with latest service pack installed for exch 5.5. On the w2k box, have two distinct server groups setup and a job for each to run. All was fine until last week while i was out and noone changed the tapes for the weekly backup. All good, came in on Monday, rotated out the tapes and everything seemed normal except server group 2 did not have a logid number associated with its respective job. Come in the next day, no backup for that group and it has ben that way this entire week. I have deleted the job and added again through the saved job scripts, still no backup or logid associated with that group. I am frustrated to say the least, any help would be appreciated, have my servers are not being backed up. Second problem i have is my exchange box is backing according to its own time schedule, i.e. its set to start at 5:00pm and it starts at like 6am the next day. The times are totally random, help with this be lovely as well. Thanks for your time guys.

Just a question and a thought? Does the backup start at all? If not you should have a check at your device configuration. Go in to Device and click on the "green, yellow and red - flags" Check how many groups you have, if you have more than one you found your problem.
Hope this helps,
GSC

I actually got it to run last night, stopped all the engines and deleted the job and recreated it from saved script. Hopefully, this will remain in effect. As to my other problem, the exchange backup is still not backing up as scheduled, it is still choosing it's own time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back