Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Integrated Netfinity Server on IBM AS400 Hardware (TAPE IBM6383

Status
Not open for further replies.

neumi

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
DE
I have an AS400 Model 9406-270 installed. There is an Integrated Netfinity Server running with WIN2000 SP2.
Now I try to Backup the NTFS File System from the WIN2000 Server with Arcserve2000 to the Tape Unit detected on the AS400. There are two Tapes detected directly to the AS400. One IBM3580 (LTO) and one IBM6383 (QIC). The Arcserve Backup on the LTO Drive is no Problem. But when I try to save on the QIC Drive I receive the following error codes:
- W6402 : Error 6402 6402 Session couldn't be repaired Module: Tape Engine Cause/Solution: This is a media error or a tape hardware error.
- E3854 : Error 3854 3854 Unable to repair session.
I've used several different Tapes.
The QIC drive can be used without any Problem from the AS400.
The Drive is also configured correctly in the WIN2000 Hardware Manager. I've installed the actual Arcserve2000 SP3 and the device Patch QO28915. The QIC Tape is seen by Arcserve, it can also be handled by Arcserve (Format, delete).

Is there any idea or experience on this.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back